Monday, June 18, 2012

June 17th: Fathers Day and Surgery


Ray was taken back to surgery today about 4:00pm, surgery started at 5:00pm. He had a "leak" in the bile duct. Surgery ended about 6:25. Dr. Ravindra who was in on his original surgery did his "fix" tonight. It seemed to be a straight forward fix. There was a collection of bile/billi in his abdomen, the fixed the duct, restiched it/sutured it and looked around while in there. There appeared to be no blood collection anywhere, no signs of infection or pus and the liver looked good the doctor said. He is back in ICU and I am waiting to see him. Basically it was a minor set back. They were able to do a liver biopsy while back there to check on the liver as well, which they would have done in a few days anyways. He will be in ICU for another couple of day Dr. Ravindra thinks. Then step down unit, so his estimate is another week in the hospital. Today he had worked up to sips of water and some jello, so he will have to start back over with that...ice chips, then water, then back to jello! He will be LEAN and TRIM by the time he is released!

It's been an afternoon, the morning however was FANTASTIC as Ray and the kids got to visit, hug and kiss! What a father's day gift! I will post pictures to facebook coming, they were SO CUTE! I am anxious to see him as he was VERY scared and worried going back into the OR this afternoon, more than he was before transplant. Please know I appreciate ALL of your calls, texts and emails, I do try my best to respond to them. At this point today I AM TIRED and SPENT. If I don't call back immediately or answer please know, sometimes I just don't feel like talking!! :) Pray that he will bounce back from this quickly, that his kidneys that were starting to come around will continue to do so. The affects of the anesthia should take about 12 hours to get out of his system. I can't wait to tell Ray that Covenant talked about him and prayed for him today, he will be SO HUMBLED! I told him as we kissed on his way out the door to the OR "that God had not preformed a miracle in him and gotten him through a 16 hour surgery to leave him now" I told him the "Lord would not leave him or forsake him".


PLEASE continue to pray, follow the blogspot and know how thankful we are for all you all are doing for us and praying for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment