Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20th: one week post transplant


Hey all
Several have emailed asking for the address at the DUKE/Durham apartment
300 Glengary Court Apt 102
Durham, NC 27707
phone number 919-797-2001
 
I'm on my way to the hospital now soon as I am getting ready listening to the Covenant songs and sermon from last Sunday...technology is amazing! It's so nice to see it and listen to it...a piece of HOME! And listening to Khristy Lee's sweet voice sing....Ray LOVES it when she is up there so he will be excited when he watches later!
 
Ray is doing GOOD! Kidney function is down to 1.6 today, that is a BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU JESUS...all the glory to him. I am reminded each day that Jesus knows just what he is doing, not me, not Ray, Jesus. When I am weak and weary and fearful I need not be, he is handeling it. I think back to this time last Wednesday as I was sitting in a room with Ray praying with him and telling him "see you after surgery"..... My how I didn't even really know how close we came to the NOT being true. It's an emotionally, happy day for me as I just type this out to you all. One of the "lessons" I am learning through all this is that EVERYDAY we should be sp joyful, praise Jesus and thank him for what we have EACH day...crabby children, a stressful day at work, a wife or husband that might have annoyed you that day....praise him for it all because in the blink of an eye it might not be there. I know that God worked through those surgeons to keep Ray alive, alive to tell a miraculous story. Not only to keep him in my life as my husband but as Jackson and Riley's daddy...PRAISE.
Ray walked THREE times yesterday! I am so proud of him, He is proud of himself! He is just doing SO GOOD! I give him "phone priveledges" some talking, emails and texting!
Thanks to my sweet friend Deb who is coming to hang out with the Brooks' today and be my roommate tonight! xoxoxoxo
 
I know that God will continue to strengthen Ray and our family...Gods grace is sufficient for me! HE will strengthen us! Continue to pray for his broken body to heal, for little pain, for comfort and strength from God, for God to whisper right in Rays ear each day "I got you buddy, you can do this, I am by your side!"  He is the GREAT healer.
The doctors are saying MAYBE Friday evening a release!  AMAZING! Then I will be the head nurse in charge, pray for that too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment